EUROCKERZ Video Music

DIMITRIY PAVLOSKIY new guitar sensation from Ukraine!

06:21 by Musicologo go go
We did an interview with a young and promising guitarhero coming from Eastern Europe, Ukraine.
His name is Dimitriy Pavlovskiy and debuted with his solo album called "Powersquad" for the european label, Heart Of Steel Records.


Hi Dimitriy, tell us when you formed your group?
Dimitriy: A couple of years I played in various local bands as session musician. In 2010, I decided to record a solo instrumental album. Well, at the end of 2010 I began to compose the material.  By May 2011 all of the material was completed and in June I entering the studio & started to record it. On this album I played parts of all the instruments except keyboard solo's - lead keyboards played  Marat Adiev (Atlantis UA, Kyiv). The recording-session lasted for 3 months and then in September, recording the album was finished and I started to look for the label.


What is the genre of your sound?
Neoclassical/melodic/Power Metal with progressive element's; Hard-rock.


what is the source of inspiration for the melody? 
I was influenced to a metal band's as Rainbow, Yngwie Malmsteen, Time Requiem, Stratovarius, UDO, Annihilator, and classical composers Beethoven, Bach, Scarlatti, Pahelbel, Mozart etc ...




Do you think that your music is the universal language? 
Yes ... Even more than language - it's a whole world! it's a thing everybody understands without any word..... a thing that can anybody withdraw from depression! finally it's a thing which makes life not boring and make it some sense.


what are the reasons by which you decide to play the instrumental album? 
In the matter of fact, it's my solo album. It contains of all my feelings and experience at that time. I wanted to write something where I will reveal my mastery not only a guitar, but and  other instruments. And I just wanted to create a music  which don't need any words  at all.


Your album will be promoted in international media, what are your expectations? 
Hmm ... I look forward to positive feedbacks certainly, and want to see how much the listener is  interested in my music. I have a lot of material for future albums. So I expect royalties from sales - even if it's not great but all the same. I would like to see people's interest, maybe  offer to cooperate, or something else :)




How did you decide to sign the record deal with Mirko DeFox's HEART OF STEEL RECORDS? 
After recording the album I was looking for a label for its release and the publication of my debut album "Majest OF Revival", and then I came across a band of "Sunrise", which was published in Heart Of Steel Records. So I decided to send material to this label. Long time was no any response but then came a letter from Mirko Galliazzo "Listen, Guy, you're playing amazing!!! I like your playing and sound of material, I can help you in publishing of your music, I see you in the future". Hehe) Of course, I was pleasantly surprised and agreed to cooperate! :)


To promote the record are you planning a live tour? 
of course, i'm thinking about it. But right now I have a lot of work - coming up the end of recording of debut album of my band "Majesty of revival"; and we're working on the writting of full-length album of the keyboardist-composer & virtuoso Grotesk project named "Grotesque Orchestra" (possibly the record will be held from symphonic orchestra of Uzhgorod). If sales very goo - maybe I did it! But now exactly I can't say nothing. There's many proposals to perform, although the album hasn't been officially released. Lined-up is complete - we can doing live perfomance. But because of work with other bands/projects it have to be postpone at some time.


have you played in some important festivals?
I had perform only in a few Ukrainian festivals as a session musician.  Well, I’ll do it with my music in future.




I would like to have your own point of view about the poor sales of the CD's, it's caused by the internet? technological development?
or it's changed the mentality of the fans?
Yes.  There’re a lot of reasons and Internet too. One person can buy the album, convert it and put it into Internet, which is bad for sales. But there is a problem in the stores - many people who live in small towns don’t have the opportunity to buy a particular CD, due to the fact that  just products aren’t  import in small shops.  That’s why for people is more comfortable with Internet to download album, rather to order from another city of country with  an additional fee for CD, and without a guarantee it will bring a whole. 


You're certainly not a international mainstream band, how do you judge the underground music scene? 
There’re many good bands that unfortunately  no one take care and don’t producing, but only those  who looks shocking and inspirational. Nowadays, the music is like not a music – it’s just a incredible show and music takes a back seat.


tell us a few funny anecdotes, in the past?
Heh !)) 
Do you what's for power metal plays so fast? 
- For no one to guess from where that tune was stolen!!!!


Majesty of Revival 

0 comments:

Posta un commento

------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------

Your Best Music Webzine